SEG 2019 will focus on the metallogeny of deposits throughout South America, along with new discoveries and geomet. A wide range of activities is planned to complement an excellent array of technical presentations.
SEG 2019 Conference
South American Metallogeny: Sierra to Craton
October 7-10, 2019
- January 10 – April 15, 2019: Abstract Manager website open
- April 1, 2019: Registration opens
- August 15, 2019: Early registration ends
- August 16, 2019: Regular registration begins
- Principal sessions on copper, gold, and polymetallic deposits
- Field trips in Chile and to Peru, Argentina, and Brazil
- Workshops on major deposit styles, with case studies
- Focused student and early career professional activities
A regional Santiago-Mendoza transect to study classic Andean geologic locations and historic sites such as the Charles Darwin camp, as well as a visit to the Malbec vineyards near Mendoza, will contribute to making this conference truly memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you to Santiago, Chile's capital city—at the foothills of the Andes and host to important museums and colonial architecture, outstanding food, and renowned wines. Mark your calendars now!
José (Pepe) Perelló (SEG 1989 F)
Antofagasta Minerals SA
Conference and Technical Program Chair